In Modern Warfare 3, several Call of Duty players have occasionally seen the Packet Burst Error in recent seasons. There appears to be a visual stutter that occasionally only affects one lobby participant at a time. If you notice three identically sized boxes stacked to your left, possibly with the words “packet burst” written on them, you’ve met the culprit. Packet Burst Error is not a cause for concern. We are available to assist. This is how we can help you resume your gaming!
What is packet burst in MW3?
Due to packet bursts, it may create latency and stutters when playing games. It is plausible that in certain cases, this error can impact a single player instead than the entire lobby. One or more of the following fixes can be used to resolve the packet burst fault in MW3.
How To Fix the Packet Burst Error in Modern Warfare 3
The Packet Burst Error in MW3 will be resolved when you disable the On-Demand Texture Stream. Because this strategy works for them, a lot of players suggest it. However, this error usually arises when the servers for the website are unavailable.
You can use the packetlosstest website to find out if the issue is with your server or network. If the percentage is greater than 0%, there is a good chance that your network is experiencing issues. These potential remedies can help you resolve the Packet Burst Error in Modern Warfare 3.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Speed and Contact Your ISP
You can check the speed of your Wi-Fi using your phone. You can use a PC that is connected to your router to determine the speed you are receiving over Ethernet. Therefore, if your internet speed is lower than what you were promised, get in touch with your ISP to resolve the issue.
Using the Ookla speed tester website, you can test your internet speed in addition to looking for packet loss. Check the uploading and downloading speeds after running the test. You should definitely get in touch with your ISP if you discover that the speed is poor.
Fix 2: Repair the Game Files on the Blizzard Launcher
This error could appear if some crucial game files are missing or damaged. You may search for and resolve the Packet Burst Error in Modern Warfare 3 using the Blizzard launcher. To accomplish this, take the following actions:
- Launch Battle.net, then sign in.
- Next, choose Call of Duty: MW3, then Options, and finally Scan and Repair from the left vertical menu.
- Click “Begin Scan” to start fixing the game. You can try restarting the game after it has been fixed to see whether the “checking for updates Warzone” error has been fixed.
Fix 3: Use an Ethernet cable
When using Wi-Fi to play MW3, packet burst issues are more likely to happen. Transmission of data over Wi-Fi networks frequently experiences disruptions. Therefore, connect your PC or console using an Ethernet cable wherever possible.
Ethernet offers more seamless network data transmission between the player and the server when there aren’t any active server problems influencing the game at that moment. If using an Ethernet cable isn’t an option, try shutting off and then turning back on your router for a few minutes to see if that fixes the issue.
Fix 4: Reconfigure Internet Settings on the Console
Adjust the internet settings on your console first in order to resolve this error. Take these actions to accomplish that:
- Turn off Modern Warfare 3 to begin.
- Delete the internet settings from your console to guarantee a fresh start.
- After a few minutes, restart your router to be sure it has completely reset.
- Once the router has restarted, you will need to adjust the internet settings on the console.
- After you log back in, try the game to see whether you were able to fix the packet issue.
Fix 5: Reboot the game
Restarting the MW3 beta works wonders to fix the packet burst issue. After doing this, your PC or console might start having network problems. These can usually be fixed by reconnecting to the game servers.
Fix 6: Turn off On-Demand Texture Streaming
Use On-Demand Texture Streaming to improve the game’s visuals. However, there’s a chance that turning on this function could result in game slowdown and packet bursts. To turn it off, do the following:
- Press and hold the Options button on your controller.
- Open Settings and select Graphics.
- Next, choose “On-Demand Texture Streaming” and disable it.
Fix 7: Turn off crossplay
Crossplay, a feature that lets you play MW3 with people on different platforms, is best left disabled for console gamers. This fix has worked for PlayStation users who were having Packet Burst issues in the past. Xbox users may now access this option as well, which may be the answer to the MW3 problem.
Fix 8: Close Unnecessary Applications
Close the application if it is consuming a lot of internet bandwidth or if updates are being downloaded in the background. If you are streaming, that could also consume up most of your internet bandwidth. Try reducing your bitrate or stream quality if the problem still exists.
Fix 9: Increase Page File Size on PC
By extending the drive’s page file, PC users who wish to keep utilising the On-Demand Texture Streaming programme may be able to fix the packet burst issue. Before you begin, make sure there is at least 70GB accessible on the HDD where you loaded MW3. If you do these steps, you can accomplish it.
- First, hit the Windows key + I to launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to the System, then Regarding
- From the menu, choose Advanced System Settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab and select Settings under Performance.
- Click on the Advanced tab and choose Change under Virtual Memory.
- Next, confirm that the checkbox labelled “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” is not selected.
- Choose the drive with MW3 installed from the list.
- Make the Initial size 32768 and Maximum size 65536 by clicking Custom size.
Fix 10: Contact Activision Support
We advise getting in touch with Activision support if, despite the game servers operating without a hitch, you are still experiencing issues with the Packet Burst error in the MW3 beta. Activision Support can be contacted by visiting their website, where you can also obtain troubleshooting instructions and answers to frequently occurring issues. Furthermore, the website offers email help, phone support, and live chat support.
Thus, that’s how the Packet Burst Error in Modern Warfare 3 may be fixed quickly. We hope this tutorial has been useful to you. Please leave a remark below if you would like further details.