Starfield, a single-player open-world space video game set in the Bethesda Game Studios universe, was just launched by Bethesda. This action role-playing game has a space theme and gives an amazing visual experience along with a flawless gaming experience. It appears that creators will need more time to correct several flaws and faults, despite the fact that the title has already earned a lot of excellent reviews. Some players, however, claim that Starfield Powers aren’t working for them.
Players can use Starfield’s Powers, which are essentially magical spells, by gathering objects and their temples. Players can obtain their first power, such as “Anti-Gravity Field,” after finishing the first section of the main quest, “Into the Unknown.” You’ll learn about the many artefacts, temples, and powers in the Starfield game as you advance through the story and discover its possibilities. However, recently, some players have been unable to use their powers in Starfield.
Regarding power usage, after you unlock the first Power (Anti-Gravity Field), you can equip one Power at a time from the dedicated menu at the top. By simultaneously pressing the LB + RB combination on an Xbox controller, you can activate a Power. On the PC version, the Z key can be used by players to activate their Power. You can choose a Power after you’ve claimed it by clicking the top of the menu screen.
How to Fix Starfield Powers Not Working
It appears that a few possible causes, including misconfigured keybinding settings, an out-of-date game version, missing game files, brief game glitches, power acquisition conflicts, and more, could be the cause of the “Starfield Powers Not Working” problem on your end. It is strongly advised that you try the following fixes until the issue is resolved. Without further ado, let’s get started.
1. Relaunch Starfield
We usually advise our users to use a straightforward yet efficient workaround to get out of the game and close it properly. After that, try restarting the game to see if the issue still exists. Restarting the game is advantageous to most players. Simply exit the game on the appropriate device and open it again.
2. कीबाइंडिंग की जाँच करें
Make sure to double-check the keybinding if you’re using customised keybinding for your games. Incorrect keybindings can occasionally result in several conflicts with the Starfield powers not functioning. Make sure the right keybindings are set up in the game for utilising and activating powers. Examine the keybindings by going to the in-game settings. whether required, try using a different key to see whether it makes a difference. helps or not.
3. Reacquire Powers
There’s a good likelihood that difficulties in gaining powers are the reason why your powers aren’t working correctly in some way. It is advised to visit the designated artefacts and temples during gameplay and complete the quests to regain power. You may also obtain the in-game manuals for finding and obtaining abilities. To some extent, it can be useful in resetting glitches.
4. Check for Starfield Updates
To prevent game-related problems, make sure your Starfield game is up to date. An out-of-date game patch version can lead to numerous conflicts. The most recent patch version will address issues and increase stability. To carry out:
- Launch Steam and select Library.
- Select Starfield from the pane on the left.
- Steam will look for the latest version on its own.
- Click Update if there’s an update available.
- Allow a few minutes for the update to finish.
- To make the modifications take effect, exit Steam and restart your computer.
For Microsoft Store:
- On the computer, open the Microsoft Store.
- Select Library from the menu in the lower left.
- Select “Get Updates” now.
- It will begin installing the pending updates automatically.
- If not, look up Starfield and select Update (if available).
- Activate the gaming console on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- To access the menu, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Proceed to the right and scroll down to select Settings.
- Once you reach Updates & downloads, scroll down.
- Choose Maintain my console’s updates and Update my games and games to enable the feature.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Use the instructions below to check and fix the PC’s installed game files. It will guarantee that there are no game file problems. Sometimes, missing or corrupted game files might cause a number of problems with how the game runs.
- Open Steam and select Library.
- From the list, right-click on Starfield.
- Select Properties > Local Files by clicking.
- To verify the integrity of the game files, click.
- Wait for the process to finish now.
- After that, restart your computer.
6. Contact Bethesda Support
If none of the aforementioned solutions resolve the issue for you, please get in touch with Bethesda Support for more assistance. Just open a support ticket for the same to let the developers look into the problem more.
That’s all, folks. We hope you found this information to be useful. Any more questions? Please leave a comment below.