Living in a city can make it challenging for citizens to prioritize their needs and wants. Having first-rate transit, first-rate amenities, and affordable rents is critical. Here are some solutions for fixing excessive rent in Cities Skylines 2 so everyone can live comfortably.
What causes the High rent error in Cities Skylines 2?
For several reasons, an error message stating that the rent is too expensive may display over a building (or numerous buildings). Most of the time, land value is the cause of this; to view it, select the information (i) button and then the green box with the white letters.
This option will allow you to view the worth of every piece of adjacent land. Avoid building low-density homes on more valuable property as the rent will be higher there. Excessive taxes are a factor in increased rent, huge residential lots, and an illiterate population.
Because they earn more money, educated people can afford higher rent more easily (but long-term planning is needed). Large residential lots result in large buildings, which raises the rent. Furthermore, paying rent becomes more difficult for citizens due to hefty taxes.
How to fix High Rent in Cities Skylines 2
If you reduce the value of your land in a way that makes it simpler to reduce the rent, your citizens will be able to pay you.
- Add Schools as soon as possible: This is more of a preventive than a remedial measure. If you open schools as soon as possible, your citizens will get the quality education they deserve. When the time comes, they will have no trouble finding employment and making rent.
- Cut Taxes: It’s crucial to understand that your income will change if you move the slider all the way to the left. You will not be able to make as much money as you did in the past in the future. On the other hand, having individuals and companies pay their rent on schedule benefits you. Thus, avoid going after wealthy people’s homes and companies.
- Reduce the number of city services you provide: Your city won’t be as enjoyable or alluring to everyone if you disable city services. Those that choose to live will also be able to do so, which is wonderful news.
- Increase the number of employment available: People aren’t making enough money to cover their rent, which is why prices are high. If you add more jobs, it will be simpler for city dwellers to make their rent payments on schedule.
- Demolish abandoned structures: It’s simple. If the problem still remains unsolved, take down the buildings and try again.
So, that’s how you can easily fix the High Rent in Cities Skylines 2. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. In case you need more info, comment below and let us know.