Gone are the days of relying on expensive cable TV subscriptions just to rush to your home to make sure you don’t miss a one-time air of your TV show’s latest episode. With the rise of OTT platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, people have been granted the generous choice of only subscribing to the platform that curates the best content according to the consumer.
Paramount Plus is another such streaming platform that has been on a steady rise, all thanks to the bucket load of content brought to us by the CBS All Network. While streaming any movie or episode from your favorite TV show is really convenient, easily the best feature that Paramount Plus and basically all other streaming platforms offer is the ability to download content locally on your device.
Why Download Videos from Paramount Plus?
Why even bother letting an online service eat up your phone’s storage when you can just watch it without having to make space for your favorite content? Well, there could be a multitude of reasons as to why someone might want to download videos from Paramount Plus for offline viewing. The biggest reasons include being connected to a poor WiFi connection, or not having access to the internet altogether.
Thus, being able to download videos from Paramount Plus for offline viewing on your device is a great feature that allows you to still consume content without WiFi. With the reasoning out of the way, let’s take a look at how you can easily download videos from Paramount Plus on your device!
How to Download Videos from Paramount Plus
Before you get into learning how to save your favorite movies or TV shows offline, you should know about a few things:
- You can only download videos from Paramount Plus on your Android or iOS device. The downloading feature is not yet available for other devices like Android TV, Roku, and others.
- Users can download a maximum of 25 videos on the Paramount Plus app. If you want to download additional content, you will have to remove older downloaded videos.
Steps to Download Videos from Paramount Plus:
- Open the Paramount Plus app on your Android or iOS device. A good practice to follow is to ensure the app is updated to the latest available version. You can check for app updates on the Google Play Store for Android devices and on the App Store for iPhones and iPads.
- Search for the movie or a specific episode from a TV show that you would like to download locally on your device for offline viewing.
- Open the movie/TV episode page and search for a little download icon near the title. If you can’t spot any download icon, that signifies that the specific movie or TV show isn’t available to download locally due to licensing issues.
- Tap on the download icon and wait for your download(s) to finish.
- Once done, you can access all of your downloaded videos on the Paramount Plus app under the Downloads section even when you’re offline.
We hope our guide on how to download videos on Paramount Plus for offline viewing was helpful to you. If you have any tips other than what we’ve mentioned, do let the other readers know in the comments below! If you have any queries regarding the guide, feel free to contact us, we’d be happy to help!