Snapchat is one of the best social media platforms with lots of filters and emojis available while making a story. From Snapchat’s point of view, stories are the best way to describe or share your whole moment in a single click. However, Instagram is also in the same queue, but Snapchat is itself a separate entity. Also, Snapchat has acquired almost 1 billion downloads on the Google Play Store. That means it has a massive userbase, but various users are continuously searching for making private stories on Snapchat.
Moreover, we use Snapchat and already know about Private Story. In addition, in response to various searches on the internet for Private Story, We have prepared a meaningful article on how we can make private stories on Snapchat. So, in this article, we will discuss How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat: Step by Step Guide.
What are Private Stories on Snapchat?
As the word suggests, private stories are those in which we can select the users with whom we want to share our story. Unlike in public stories, there is no option to exclude or select any particular user to share a story.
What is the difference between Private and Public Stories?
Meanwhile, public stories are shown to all your friends, or may not be, depending on your Snapchat’s Privacy Settings. Moreover, to know whether your saved stories are private or public, Snapchat allots a special padlock icon to private stories through which you can easily examine whether the saved story is private or public.
How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat: Step by Step Guide Here
To make a Regular Story on Snapchat is almost known by everyone. But, in the case of private stories, many users do not know about them. And, as per our personal experience, we have found that there are two different ways to make a private story on Snapchat. These two different ways are via the Snap Tab icon or through the Profile Page. However, it is up to you to choose any of the below-given methods to make a private Snapchat Story. So, we will discuss both of the ways in the below-given paragraphs.
Using the Snap Tab icon
It is the most common way of putting stories on Snapchat, as they are available on the main homepage. You can directly move to the Snap tab and select your preferred photo and add effects in this method. So, first, we will discuss the easy steps to making a private story using Snap Tab.
- Firstly, open your Snapchat App.
- Next, go to the Snap Tab located at the middle bottom of the homepage.
- Then, click a photo or record a video of it else you can browse from your device gallery.
- Now, click on the “Sent option” located at the bottom right.
- Next, choose “New Story” >> Private Story.
- Then, a list of your best friends will appear, from which you have to select which users you want to share your story with.
- Now, click on the checkmark option to share stories with your respectful, private story.
- Hence, your private story via Snap Tab will be posted shortly.
Using the Profile Page
Apart from the Snap Tab, there is one more option to create a private story on Snapchat. In which we have to head towards our profile page. But, the same as the Snap Tab, many users do not know anything regarding this specific method. So, below are some easy steps through which you can easily create a private story through the Profile page.
- Firstly, open your Snapchat Chat App.
- Then, head to your profile page.
- Next, click on the + New Story option that appears on the Profile Page.
- Now, click on the Private Story option.
- Then, choose friends with whom you want to share your story.
- Next, click on the Create Story option appearing at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, click on the three-dot button and add photos and videos that you want to share.
- Then, tap on Add to Story.
- Hence, your private story will be posted shortly.
Furthermore, you can make several customizations to your private story settings as per your requirements. However, these settings can be customized through the three-dot button, or else you can check them out through Private Story Settings.
In the end, we can say that the above-given steps are very helpful for making a private story on Snapchat. Also, you can follow any of the methods to make a private story. However, if any user has any queries regarding the above subject, they can ask in the comment section below.