Ubisoft has recently come up with Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction online multiplayer tactical shooter video game that has been developed and published by Ubisoft. The siege gameplay now meets intense zombies mode that offers a stunning experience to the players as of now. However, just like other video games, it also has several issues something like the Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on the Windows PC during the startup.
Now, if you’re also facing the same startup crashing or not launching issues on your computer then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. To recall, there are two different titles of the Rainbow Six such as Extraction and Siege including PvE. Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Connect are well integrated to get & play the Rainbox Six Extraction game properly. However, launching issues may bother plenty of PC players whatsoever.
Why Does Rainbow Six Extraction Keep Crashing?
Plenty of players are encountering the startup crashing issue on the PC due to multiple reasons such as the outdated game patch, outdated GPU drivers, unnecessary background tasks, issues with the startup apps, etc. Meanwhile, the outdated game launcher, outdated Windows version, outdated DirectX version, problems with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, etc can also cause crashing issues during launching the game.
It’s also worth mentioning that overlay apps issues, an overclocked CPU/GPU, issues with the antivirus program, incompatibility issues with the system, etc may conflict with the game launching. Luckily, here we’ve shared all the possible workarounds below that should gonna help you out.
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on PC
Apart from the game launching, it seems that the black screen issue or lagging issue may appear a lot in some scenarios on the PC. If you’re also facing such an issue then jump into this guide without wasting any more time.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, you should check out the game’s system requirements properly to ensure whether your PC hardware is compatible enough with the game or not. Sometimes a low-end PC or outdated gaming build may not run the game smoothly. So, it’s recommended to check the system requirements below.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3.1 GHz, Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz, or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM (Dual-channel setup)
- Graphics: AMD R9 290X (4 GB), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (4 GB), or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 85 GB available space
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.5 GHz, Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0 GHz, or better
- Memory: 16 GB RAM (Dual-channel setup)
- Graphics: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.5 GHz, Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0 GHz, or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 85 GB available space
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s always required to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run all the programs smoothly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest version of the graphics driver and install it directly from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site. Meanwhile, AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website for the same.
3. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
4. Run the game as an administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Rainbow Six Extraction exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It should help you to fix the Rainbow Six Extraction issue on your PC.
5. Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage that literally reduces system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, not loading issues appear quite often. Simply, close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
Now, you can check whether you’ve fixed the Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on your PC or not. If not, follow the next method.
6. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Rainbow Six Extraction game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Rainbow Six Extraction game to check if it crashing on PC or not.
7. Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
You should try reinstalling the latest version of DirectX from the official Microsoft website on your PC/Laptop. You just need to download and install the DirectX installer package and run it. Keep in mind that you’ll require DirectX 11 or above to run the Rainbow Six Extraction game properly.
8. Force Run the Game in DirectX 11
- First, launch the Steam client > Go to LIBRARY.
- Locate and right-click on the Rainbow Six Extraction game.
- Click on Properties > Select GENERAL from the left pane menu > Type -dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Now, simply go back and launch the game. If prompted, click on the radio button next to the Play option of Rainbow Six Extraction.
9. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The chances are high enough that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run properly. So, make sure to temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection. Then you should try running the game to check if the Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on PC issue has been fixed or not. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Similarly, you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Additionally, you can also turn off Cloud-delivered protection, Tamper protection if you want.
10. Set High Performance in Power Options
If in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, just set the High-Performance mode for better results. Although this option will take higher power usage or battery usage. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
This should fix the Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing issue on your PC in most cases. However, if none of the methods worked for you, follow the next one.
11. Close the game from Background Apps
If somehow the Rainbow Six Extraction game is still going through issues, make sure to turn it off from the Background Apps feature on your PC. To do so,
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Privacy > Scroll down from the left pane and select Background apps.
- Scroll down and look for the Rainbow Six Extraction game title.
- Just turn off the toggle next to the game title.
- Once done, close the window and restart your computer.
This method should help you out. However, if this doesn’t fix the issue, you can follow the next method.
12. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change effects.
13. Perform a Clean Boot
Some of the apps and their services may start automatically while booting the system right away. In that case, those apps or services will definitely gonna use a lot of internet connection as well as system resources. If you’re also feeling the same, make sure to perform a clean boot on your computer to check for the issue. To do that:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
14. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
It seems that a couple of popular apps do have their own overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Rainbow Six Extraction.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Also do keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background always.
Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay:
- Launch Ubisoft Connect > Go to Settings.
- Under the General tab, untick the Enbale in-game overlay for supported games and Display FPS counter in game.
- Once done, check for the issue again.
15. Repair Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Open the Ubisoft Connect software on the PC.
- Click on the Games tab > Select the Rainbow Six Extraction game tile.
- Now, select the arrow icon on the bottom right side.
- A drop-down menu will appear > Click on Verify files.
- If prompted, click on Repair.
- Finally, Ubisoft Connect will start repairing any missing or corrupted files (if any). Wait for it to complete.
- Once done, make sure to close Ubisoft Connect as well as the game if running, and restart your computer to check for the issue.
16. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
It’s also worth mentioning not to enable CPU/GPU overclocking on your PC if your game is crashing or stuttering a lot. We can understand that overclocking CPU/GPU can make a huge impact in improving gameplay but sometimes it may also cause issues with the bottleneck or compatibility too. Just set the frequency to default for optimal performance.
17. Update Rainbow Six Extraction
If in case, you haven’t updated your Rainbow Six Extraction game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Rainbow Six Extraction from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
TThat’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.