Super People has been recently released by Wonder People that’s a next-generation battle royale FPS game for Windows. PC gamers will have to use GeeGee Launcher as a game client to launch the Super People game. It turns out that some players have been experiencing an issue while trying to play Super People on their PC as the GeeGee Launcher Black Screen issue is appearing a lot. It’s basically happening during the game startup in most cases.
Whenever Super People players are trying to launch the game, the GeeGee client opens to log into your respective user account to get into the game. However, it looks like that some unfortunate players are getting affected by the black screen issue of the GeeGee client. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter the same issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it.
Fix: GeeGee Launcher Black Screen Issue
It’s worth mentioning that even after using the Steam client on the PC, the Super People game requires GeeGee Launcher to launch properly after signing into your account. If you haven’t signed in to your account via GeeGee Launcher then make sure to do it right now then try again. It can usually happen due to the user account or permissions of the app on your system. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Register a New Account on GeeGee Launcher
Though it may sound weird to some Super People players, it’s recommended to register or create a new user account on the GeeGee client and check for the issue again. The chances are high enough that there are some issues with the syncing or access of your existing user account on GeeGee Launcher. Luckily, you won’t lose your game progress data by following this method. To do so:
- Open the GeeGee Launcher on your PC.
- Now, head over to the account log-in page and register a new account with your phone number. You can use the same phone number that you’ve already used on your existing account.
- Head over to the Steam client and launch it as an administrator.
- Search for Steam in the Start menu > Click on the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Do not close the GeeGee Launcher where you registered a new account.
- Click on the Play button on the Steam client for Super People.
- A new interface of the GeeGee client might open > Now, it’ll show you a newly registered account that may ask you to close the game before exiting GeeGee.
- Once a new GeeGee has been opened by Steam, you can close the GeeGee client using the newly registered account.
- It’ll ask you to provide your phone number for verification. Do accordingly and the Super People game should launch properly.
2. Disable Compatibility Mode for GeeGee Launcher
Make sure to disable the compatibility mode for GeeGee Launcher to check whether the black screen issue has been fixed or not. Windows OS generally comes with a compatibility mode that might allow apps to run on the system properly. If the compatibility mode is enabled for the client then you may encounter some issues with the Super People game launching whatsoever. To do this:
- First, open File Explorer on your PC > Head over to the directory where the GeeGee client is installed.
- By default, you can find it at ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\WonderPeople\GeeGeeClient’. If in case, you’ve installed the client on any other location then make sure to check for the same.
- Once you’re there, make sure to right-click on the GeeGee.exe file > Choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab > Make sure that the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ checkbox is unchecked (disabled).
- Now, click on the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ checkbox to enable it. Again click on it to uncheck or disable it.
- Once done, click on the ‘Apply’ button and then hit ‘OK’ to save changes.
- Finally, check for the GeeGee client whether the black screen issue is appearing or not.
3. Reinstall GeeGee Launcher
Finally, if none of the above methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the GeeGee Launcher on your PC by following the steps below. Sometimes reinstalling the client can fix multiple issues with the game launching. To do that:
- Press the Windows + I key on your keyboard to open the ‘Windows Settings’ menu.
- Now, click on ‘Apps and Features’ > Search for the ‘GeeGeeClient’ from the list of applications.
- On Windows 11, you’ll have to switch to the ‘Apps’ tab on the left-hand side first.
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ button > Once the app has been uninstalled, go to and launch the game on your PC.
- GeeGee client should be installed again and then see if the problem still persists.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.