Square Enix and PlatinumGames Inc. have come up with an action-adventure mystery-dungeon RPG called ‘Babylon’s Fall’ for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 platforms. As a newly released title, it’s doing really well except for a few bugs or glitches which are quite common among console players. Meanwhile, it seems that plenty of players are facing Babylon’s Fall Crashing issue on the PS5 and PS4 consoles.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter crashing issues then you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Sometimes issues with the game file or the software-related issues may trigger multiple problems whatsoever. While the PS4 or PS5 console users might gonna encounter digital game or disc game-related issues. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
Fix: Babylon’s Fall Crashing on PS5, PS4
Here we’ve shared all the possible workarounds for both the disc and digital game version if you’re facing the crashing or freezing issue. First of all, we’ll look into the disc game crashing fixes below.
1. Gently Wipe Game Disc
Make sure to wipe out the game disc with a clean, soft cloth.
2. Check For Games Updates
You can try checking the affected game whether it’s updated to the latest version or not. Highlight the game and then press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
3. Check For System Updates
Ensure your system software on the console is running the latest version. If it’s not then try following the steps below.
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named “PS4” or “PS5” on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file from the official PlayStation website and save it in the “UPDATE” folder.
- Save the file as “PS4 UPDATE.PUP” or “PS5UPDATE.PUP”.
- Plug the USB drive containing the file into your PS4/PS5 console.
- Start the PS4/PS5 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option > Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
Check OTA Update:
Check that your console has the latest system software installed. Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.
4. Try Playing the Game Again
Play the game from the beginning, without an existing game save, to check if the game save is corrupted. Sometimes rebooting the game might gonna resolve game crashing or launching issues completely.
5. Delete and Reinstall the Game
Don’t worry, you won’t lose access to any deleted games or applications. You can re-download your purchases from your game library whenever you want by using the same account. Well, uninstalling and reinstalling the game on the PS4/PS5 console seems to do the job easily. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Storage > Games and Apps.
- Select Delete Content.
- Select the data you want to remove and select Delete.
You can also manage PS5 console storage if you link your PS5 console to PlayStation App on your iOS or Android device.
- Highlight the game that you want to delete in the content launcher or Library.
- Press the OPTIONS button > Select Delete.
6. Delete Saved Game Data
It’s recommended to delete the saved game data before jumping to any conclusion because corrupted saved game data can trigger multiple issues whatsoever. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage, Online Storage or USB Storage > Delete.
- Select Babylon’s Fall game and make sure to checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Now, choose to Delete > Then select OK to confirm your task.
- Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Saved Data (PS5) or Saved Data (PS4).
- Select Console Storage > Delete.
- Checkmark the box next to the files you want to delete and select Delete.
7. Try Replacing or Using Another Disc
Try using another game disc. If the issue only happens with one disc, please contact the retailer for a replacement. If the issue occurs with multiple discs, please visit the link here for more information.
8. Check PSN Status
Check the PSN status page. If you see any alerts, wait until the service is up and running and then try again. Issues with the PlayStation Network services may trigger crashing or server connectivity problems whatsoever.
9. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with Babylon’s Fall game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience until it’s done.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
10. Reset Console
If none of the methods worked for you then try following the steps below to easily factory reset your PS4/PS5 console. To do so:
- For PS5 consoles, select System > System Software > Reset Options > Reset Your Console.
- For PS4 consoles, select Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.